Are you looking for a new challenge to support a growing fund business? Do you pride yourself in working collaboratively with the both internal and external clients? Do you thrive off of being a business partner and providing the business with key materials we need to keep up with the pace of growth? If so, we are seeking to add a new member to our dynamic team and you may be a great fit!
We are looking for you to bring the following to the table:
- Highly organized with the ability to efficiently and accurately manage multiple projects
- Completes tasks on time with minimal supervision
- Strong attention to detail
- Proven abilities in researching and resolving problems
- Develop and maintain courteous and effective working relationships with internal and external clients, vendors and/or any other representatives of external organizations
- Ability and desire to work in a collaborative, team environment
- Aspire to become a subject matter expert, to share gained knowledge with others through training and by providing feedback during reviews
You will be working with a great team that is challenged to:
- Collaborate with outside fund administrators to review, reconcile, and analyze books and records
- Review and/or prepare financial statements and coordinate audits
- Prepare fund budgets and ensure proper coding of expenses
- Understand the Fund structures offered and ensure global fund tax compliance
- Participate in specialized and complex projects
- Work with the Finance team to implement diverse projects to support the firm’s long-term strategic goals
- Develop, implement and maintain company policies and procedures
- Automate and improve existing processes and methodologies
We are seeking a team-player to assist with the above and specialize in:
- Research tax rules and regulations on fund tax and investment tax compliance in multiple jurisdictions
- Interpret tax laws and regulations and apply to ensure compliance. Maintain current knowledge of, and adheres to federal, state and local tax laws.
- Determine effects of business activities on taxes and develop strategies for minimizing tax liability.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting (or related discipline) required, or the equivalent combination of education, training and experience that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- Intermediate to advanced Excel skills
- Excellent communication skills
- CPA, or public accounting experience
- 3-5+ years progressive experience in Fund Accounting and/or Tax Compliance
- International accounting and/or tax experience
- Experience with an international money manager or similar financial services business
Fisher Investments is an equal opportunity employer.